Friday, October 31, 2008

In a recent article on CNNMoney.com

In a recent article on CNNMoney.com, banks are beginning to discuss the idea of a credit card bailout. The article mention a bailout that would forgive up to 60% of the debt that consumers have racked up on plastic. My immediate reaction is yes- get me out of the hole I dug myself. Surely others would say the same thing.

Now my concern is "How we put up the shovel?" Have we truly learned to control our spending habits? Have we trained ourselves to spend less than we make? I would dare to answer no. Dealing with teen age students on a daily basis, I know that the greatest learning takes place when the kids apply the lesson I have taught them. I am learning my lesson about spending less than I make, give me an opportunity to apply it.

No comments: